From the awe-inspiring to the aww!-inspiring, the BSA’s Family Fun Fest was one of the summer’s biggest events.
On Aug. 8, you heard from NASCAR driver Joey Logano, discovered the secrets of spacewalks from a barrier-breaking NASA astronaut and scored expert advice for crafting the fastest, best-looking Pinewood Derby car ever built.
You can watch the free event on the BSA’s Facebook page.
Like pretty much everything in Scouting, this was not be a passive, watch-other-people-have-fun experience. Family Fun Fest put you in the driver’s seat to enjoy an interactive experience filled with hands-on fun.
Grab a pencil and paper and watch as a Boys’ Life artist teaches you how to draw a dinosaur. Help build the perfect Pinewood Derby car where your vote determines how it’s made. Share photos of your cuddliest — or most adorably ferocious — pets. It’s going to be the most fun you can spend at home.
THE LINEUP FOR FAMILY FUN FEST
Family Fun Fest features something for everyone: hands-on activities you can try from home, interviews with amazing people and opportunities to help make your community better.
- Step inside the garage with 2018 NASCAR Cup Series champion Joey Logano
- Hear about space from Dr. Bernard Harris, a former NASA astronaut who in 1995 became the first African American to perform a spacewalk
- Get secrets for building the speediest, sweetest-looking Pinewood Derby car ever
- Learn to draw from professional artists and vote on what you want to learn to create
- See some very good dog photos and discover how to make your own dog treats
- Win awesome prizes with drawings every 30 minutes (insider’s tip: the prizes get bigger as the show goes on)
- And enjoy plenty of exciting surprises
THE GOOD TURN YOU CAN DO NOW
Family Fun Fest isn’t just for current Scouts. It’s also a great way to introduce future Scouts to the kinds of adventures that await if they join your Cub Scout pack or Scouts BSA troop.
But nobody will show up until you ask. So tweet, text or even fax if you have to. Post something on Facebook and Instagram. Find the “phone” app on your smartphone and make the invite that way.
Together, let’s make this the BSA’s biggest virtual event yet.